PGConf NYC 2023 is a 3-day conference packed with user stories and best practices for how to use PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database. Join us in New York City and connect with other developers, DBAs, administrators, decisions makers, and contributors to the open source PostgreSQL community!
PGConf NYC 2023 is October 3-5, 2023 at Convene 237 Park Avenue, New York, New York.
Become a sponsor: https://2023.pgconf.nyc/becomesponsor/
View the schedule: https://www.postgresql.us/events/pgconfnyc2023/schedule/
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF UNITED STATES POSTGRESQL ASSOCIATION
The undersigned, as Secretary of the United States PostgreSQL Association (the "Association"), hereby provides notice of the annual meeting of the Association's Members.
The meeting will be held:
AUGUST 24, 2023
1:00 PM US/Eastern
10:00 AM US/Pacific
03:00 [next day], 2023 Australia/Sydney
Location: This meeting will be held virtually.
Each member joining the meeting will need a password to join the meeting. The password will be available to members in good standing by going to: https://postgresql.us/membership/meetings/ and then clicking on the meeting. The meeting page will include the password and instructions for joining the meeting.
* Welcome and introductions
* Declaration of quorum according to organization by-laws
* Business arising from minutes of the last AGM, if any
* Report from Board President with reference to the Strategic Plan
* Questions/discussion of this information
* Report from Treasurer
* Annual Reports from Committees
* User Group
* Any other business according to by-laws
* Adjournment of business meeting.
Members of the Association are welcome to attend the meeting, but only Members in the Association in good standing as of July 25, 2023 are entitled to vote, and only one vote may be cast on behalf of each Member at the meeting. In addition to such other business as may properly come before the Members at the meeting, the Members may be asked to consider and act on items.
Remote Communication Voting. Members in the Association are permitted to participate in meetings by remote communication and member ballots and proxy votes are permitted to be transmitted electronically.
Committees: Current members are encouraged to participate in the further development and growth of the Association through committee participation. Current committees include:
* Conference: To support the Association's fundraising efforts, this intent of this Committee is to manage United States PostgreSQL conferences.
* Diversity: To support the Association's intent to increase the diversity of PostgreSQL users in the United States, this committee will support the management of the scholarships including person eligibility, guidelines and eligible conferences. In addition, the committee will evaluate and recommend an initiative to support diversity, inclusivity, and equity for the Association's members.
* Expo: To support the Association's conference exhibiting efforts, the intent of this Committee is to support United States PostgreSQL exhibitions at non-PgUS conferences.
* User Group: As part of PgUS' mission is to establish and support user groups in all major regions of the US (Northwest, Southwest, Midwest, South, Northeast), as well as internationally, this committee will support the Association by evaluating and developing guidance for user groups, and provide recommendations to the Board.
Candidates for committee membership should be able to participate in regular conference call meetings, and be able to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per month for committee contributions. Interested members should send their intent to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All candidates will be reviewed by the Board and the current members of that Committee, and upon approval will be appointed by the Board.
DATED this 8th day of August 2023
Michael Brewer, Secretary
United States PostgreSQL Association
PgUS is excited to announce PgDay Chicago 2023!
This one-day event will be held April 20, 2023 at the Convene on West Adams. It will be a one-track, full day event with presentations, networking, and sponsor hall.
The website will be launched soon, with details of the Call For Papers, Registration, and Sponsorship information.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!